Miami is getting expensive and we all know this because parking meters are popping up in areas where they weren’t before, but now for the first time in a quarter-century Miami Dade has announced they have nearly doubled their parking fines!! According to NBC 6, the increase in parking fines took effect starting October 1st. Check out the price changes below:
- Overtime Parking (expired meter/failed to pay meter) increased from $18 to $36.
- Restricted Parking (parking in a residential zone without a permit) increased from $23 to $36.
- Freight Loading Zone increased from $23 to $75.
- Passenger Curb Loading Zone increased from $23 to $46.
- Obstruction of Traffic increased from $28 to $124.
- Unlawful Parking or Obstructing Traffic in Alley increased from $28 to $120.
- Parking Near Hazardous or Congest Places increased from $28 to $120.