Beginning Nov. 1, Taco Bell locations throughout the Miami area kicked off their annual fundraising campaign to support the Armed Forces Families Foundation (AFFF).
From now through Nov. 21, diners at participating Taco Bell locations can donate a paper icon for (at least) $1 in support of military families. Those who donate will receive a coupon for a free soft or crunchy original seasoned beef taco!
The coupons are good for the donor’s next visit and are available while supplies last!
AFFF will provide 100 percent of the funds raised to the development of local, permanent or semi-permanent infrastructure projects to help military families. AFFF is entirely comprised of volunteers giving donors the confidence that all of their contribution will be used to support projects, which help military families.
“We’re very fortunate to have a single private donor that funds all of the administrative costs, so literally every penny of every dollar raised goes directly to projects in the local community,” said John Wright, a member of the board at AFFF.
“More than anything, we’re thankful for our Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy service members, veterans and their families. The sacrifices they make and have made are forever cherished.”
For a list of participating locations where you can donate and enjoy a free taco, click here.
Other recent AFFF projects include:
- $26,282 for the purchase of supplies and additional renovation costs for a new USO
- $35,933.84 in funding for the creation of a new USO center and family care facility at Coast Guard Training Center Yorktown
- $31,978 for the construction of an event pavilion at a N.C. VA hospital
- $14,994 purchase of 25 new HP ProBook computers and needed materials for Fort Gordon’s Freedom Park School in Georgia
- $26,282 to upgrade entertainment systems within the USO Naval Air Station Pensacola
- $46,000 to install a new playground, accessible to over 300 families stationed on MacDill Airforce Base in Tampa