Look it's already scary enough when all your friends want to go to Vegas for the weekend and we just got out of a pandemic and I'm still carrying that pandemic weight. Like I didn't want to pack on these pounds but the gyms were closed and I like being lazy. So you can imagine how triggered I was when I saw this little tweet...
Excuse me WHAT???
Airlines may start WEIGHING people at the gate amid fears aircraft are being overloaded by fat passengers
- Passengers could be weighed before they get on jets because Americans are getting fatter and the FAA is concerned aircraft may be overloaded
- Airline carriers are tasked with calculating the weight and balance of their aircraft to ensure its within allowable limits for the safety of the plane
- The FAA sent out a circular two years ago, which addressed weight and balance
- Airlines use a standard average weight estimate for passengers, but the rising obesity rates in the United States are dictating a review of those estimates
- Surveys of weight by airlines could take place every three years or 36 months
- They could take place at the gate and would involve at least 15 percent of daily departure passengers, who would be selected at random for the surveys
- Information would be kept confidential and out of view of the public
- Passengers would also have the ability to opt-out of being weighed
That's a quick rundown of the article. Which I get it okay there is a weight limit to fly. But you can't tell me that having a bag a couple pounds over 50lbs or humans being a little fat is a problem WHEN THIS PIC EXISTS!!!
Here's an explanation of that pic...
So you can't just go around weighing people right after a pandemic when there's planes that are out here carrying space ships okay???? ARGUMENT OVER!