The average person thinks they only lie 48 times a year, according to a recent survey.According to a recent survey, the average person thinks they only lie 48 times a year (wow already starting this out with a lie.) Let's be honest, or as honest as possible, with ourselves. We tell some harmless white lies to make our lives easier, to prevent out significant others from yelling at us, or maybe sometimes to get us out of jury duty (if it's a good enough lie)
Nobody's perfect thus why we were able to put together a list of the ten most common lies we all tell:
1. That everything is fine.
2. That you liked a gift you didn't really like.
3. That you're too busy to do something.
4. That you were late because you were stuck in traffic.
5. Saying you're on your way when you haven't left yet.
6. Lying about why you were late to work.
7. When you're drunk, adamantly telling everyone you're NOT drunk.
8. Saying you already cleaned the house, even though you haven't. Like if your husband or wife says they're on their way home, and you haven't even started yet.
9. Lying about your age.
10. Lying about how many people you've slept with.
Also, 30% of people in the survey said they think they're a good liar.