A Florida couple says their toilet exploded this past Sunday morning!
Mary Lou Ward said she, her husband and her three dogs were laying in bed in their Gulf Cove home, listening to the rain and thunder, when they were blown out of bed by a loud noise.
They got out of bed ... and the toilet was just laying on the floor.
According to a local plumbing, lightning struck near the home's septic tank. That combined with the methane gas in poop caused the bomb-like effect that traveled through the pipes, exploding the toilet in their master bathroom.
The couple's next-door neighbor is now warning family and friends, "Here's the proof why you shouldn't go near the bathroom in a thunderstorm."
The plumbing company said this is just as rare as getting struck by lightning yourself but it still reminds me of the old wives tale about showering during a thunderstorm.