Fort Lauderdale code compliance officials checked out restaurants on Friday and Saturday nights making sure coronavirus rules were followed and issued citations to 12 businesses.
On Friday night, seven businesses were cited, with six shutdown for 24 hours.
Then on Saturday, five more were ordered citations and four were ordered to shut down.
The two biggest violations they're looking for is serving alcohol at bars 9 (which was banned last week Friday) and capacity inside the establishment being over 50%
Places in Ft Lauderale that were in violation according to LOCAL 10 included:
- 27 Bar and Lounge, 835 NE 3rd Ave., $250 fine, shut down, not enforcing social distancing or facial coverings, use of bar area.
- Bamboo Beach Tiki Bar, 4040 Galt Ocean Drive, $15,000 fine, shut down, failure to comply with previous shutdown order.
- Casablanca Café, 3049 Alhambra St., $250 fine, shut down, exceeding maximum capacity, not enforcing social distancing, and patrons eating and drinking at bar.
- Luigi’s Tuscan Grill, 1105 E. Las Olas Blvd., $250 fine, not shut down, tables assembled at bar with seating.
- Spazio Italian Restaurant, 239 S. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., $500 fine, shut down, repeat violation, Tables assembled at bar and not enforcing facial coverings.
- Piazza Italia, 904 E. Las Olas Blvd., $15,000 fine, shutdown. Repeat violations.
- Café Del Mar, 101 S. Fort Lauderdale Beach, Boulevard, $250 fine and shut down. Not wearing facial coverings, no social distancing, no signs posted.
- Lucky’s Tavern, 214 SW 3rd Ave., $250 fine, shut down, operating as a bar. Bar establishment not allowed to open during Phase 1.
- Noodles Panini, 821 E. Las Olas Blvd., $250 fine, not shutdown, using bar area, allowing customers to drink at bar.
- Original Fat Cats, 320 SW 2nd St., $250 fine and shut down. Large crowd, no social distancing, no signage.
- Poorhouse,110 S.W. 3rd Ave., $250 fine, shut down. Large crowd, no social distancing, no signage.
- Tommy Bahama Marlin Bar, 740 E. Las Olas Blvd., $250 fine, shut down, operating as a bar. Bar establishment not allowed open during Phase 1.