Happy National Tequila Day!
After one crazy night in college, I'm not to keen on tequila shots. But, I do enjoy tequila in other forms.
So, here are 5 Ways To Use Tequila:
- Guacamole with Tequila and Lime - This new take on your classic chip dip gives it even more flavor. Use top-shelf tequila and don't add more than the recipe calls for. This tasty guac won't get you tipsy but I wouldn't put it around children or those under 21. You can try the recipe from Food & Wine here.
- Tequila Spiked Caramel Corn - Think of this as the adult version of one of your favorite childhood Cracker Jack snack. After baking for an hour the tequila taste pairs perfectly with the popcorn. Get the recipe here.
- Tequila and Ginger Beer - I know, I know...you've only ever had Ginger Beer in your Moscow Mule. But I promise when you try this new drink you'll be asking for it every time at the bar. The spiciness from the ginger really gives the tequila a nice flavor.
- Relaxation/Sleep Aide - Ditch the sleeping pills and even the weed. This method has actually been proven by scientist to help you relax. But, we're not saying take a bunch of shots - apparently one shot of tequila is enough to put you in a relaxed state.
- Cold Remedy - In the 1930's doctors in Mexico tested this remedy and it worked. Use .5 ounce white tequila, .5 ounce agave nectar, and .5 ounce fresh lime juice.