Billie Eilish is on the cover of Rolling Stone's August issue. When I first heard her voice, I liked her. But after reading her interview, I love her. So here's 5 things I learned about the 17 year-old rock star.
- Her Mom is like everyone else's Mom. Meaning, she will humble you - quickly. At the beginning of the interview,her Mom asks if they can do the interview while Billie cleans her room. Ma'am your daughter is a rock star - she has no time for that. (just kidding)
- Fame isn't what she thought it was. As kids we all wanted to be famous, celebrities made it look so fun. But, what Billie has learned is that when she's away being famous, she misses out on time with her friends - and it sucks. “I have this amazing thing in front of me, and I don’t want to hate it. And I don’t hate it. But I hate certain parts of it.”
- She has multiple neurological disorders. When she was younger she was diagnosed with Tourettes syndrome, that she mostly keeps at bay. But you may notice a slight head twitch or bulging of the eyes. She also has synthesis, which makes senses blend together.
- She just started driving. Her label bought her dream car for her five years ago, but obviously she was too young to enjoy the black Dodge Challenger. Now that she has her license she loves driving - and driving fast.
- She's alcohol and drug-free. Reminding us to never judge a book by it's cover. She doesn't drink and has never tried drugs.
All in all, Billie is a great kid with a bright future. She's learning new ways to cope with her anxiety - like chartering a bus just for her friends, buying a horse, and just learning to relax.
To read the full interview from Rolling Stone, click here.