Ummm..so imagine getting a phone call from your child's school saying they've been hospitalized after eating candy. That was the reality for some Renaissance Charter School parents on Friday. The charter school which is located in Cooper City, had students between the ages of 10 and 11 years-old transported to the hospital after complaints of stomach pains. Parents and administrators later learned the students had gotten sick from candy that was 'THC-laced' after another student allegedly brought it to school thinking it was regular candy.
As of now, there were no charges filed, but an investigation is in progress.
Please note edibles are illegal in Florida, and if you by chance have them in your home - keep them out of reach of children and animals.