With Labor Day around the corner, a lot of people are going to be heading to the beach. It's going to be hot...and crowded... my two least favorite experiences, but I would still rather be at the beach than anywhere else! That being said, I feel like us Floridians have some unwritten rules of the beach, however etiquette experts spoke with HuffPost about the rudest things that you can do at the beach.
Here are the rudest things people do at the beach according to said experts:
- Not putting enough distance between you and someone else who was there before you. (This one actually might be my pet peeve)
- Blocking another person's view.
- Ignoring smoking etiquette or smoking in a location that specifically states not to smoke
- Not respecting the local wildlife
- Shaking sand on people.
- Playing Games like volleyball near other people.
- Making noise-remember the beach means different things to different people. Some want peace and tranquility and others want to play and have a good time.
- Leaving a mess.
- Not following the rules.
Food for thought I guess 😅 If you're heading to the beach this weekend- take Y100 with you on the free iHeartRadio App! It's Y100's Wayback Weekend and we're going to be playing a bunch of your faves from the late 90's to the early 2000's (think Britney, Katy Perry, Gaga, Boy Bands, even Biggie!) all Labor Day Weekend long!